/ BLOG / CATEGORY
How to Do the Emirates ID Status Check and Fines?
Emirates ID fines Checking online can now be done in just 60 seconds
The emirates ID status check will let you know the details of this document. Also, this is one of the mandatory documents for every person living anywhere in the United Arab Emirates. Additionally, you must know each of the rules and regulations that refer to the Emirates ID, to avoid any infringement.
In this article, you will be able to learn how to do the emirates id fine checking online easily. Likewise, you will know how and where you can pay these infractions but also how to avoid them. Let us see:
- What is the Emirates ID fine?
- How to pay the Emirates ID fine?
- Types of Emirates ID fines and how to avoid them
- Connect Legal can provide you with legal services in this case
1. What is the Emirates ID fine?
The Emirates ID is the document that allows residents of the UAE to carry out various activities. You will get this identification after the residence visa is stamped in your passport. In addition, it has the same validity as your visa. In addition, this ID card is made up of some elements that allow it to be more secure. The security elements are:
- Public Key infrastructure.
- Smart Card.
- Fingerprint biometrics.
The main reasons for having the ID are the following:
- Dependent Sponsorship.
- Rental housing.
- Allows you to apply for different government services.
- Pass through the emigration gates at each airport.
1.1 How to check emirates id status?
The Emirates ID status check is possible once the ID processing process has started. Likewise, you can do it to know the state in which your identification is at all times. This process can be done through the ICA website, as follows:
- Go to the ICA website.
- Click on “Check ID status”.
- Following, enter the ID number or application number.
- Finally, a window will appear with information on the status of your ID.
You can do this process at the times you require. However, you may choose to call the authorities if you are unable to view your identification information. The contact number is 600 522222, with which you will obtain precise information.
1.2 Is checking your Emirates id fine online using your phone possible?
Also, those who do not comply with the identification requirement in the UAE may be fined. In this case, depending on the severity, the said fines can be between AED 100 and AED 10,000. In this way, the government ensures the registration and identification of each citizen.
Yes, It is possible to do the emirates id fine checking online in the same way as the status of the ID using your phone. Also, be aware that fines will remain on your ID card until you pay each one.
To check the emirates ID fine status you can be guided through these simple steps:
- Download the Abu Dhabi Police app on your phone.
- Here you can do the traffic fines checking and see the following options:
- Know a specific traffic number
- Use the ID for individual queries
- Use a specific vehicle license plate
- Search through a license to drive.
- Select the corresponding option.
- Enter the identification number located on your passport.
- Complete the captcha to continue.
- Click submit. In this way, you will be able to see in detail each of the faults and the following details:
- Expiration date
- Amount of the fine
- Ticket number
- Type of fine
If you do not have any fine, the system will show you indicating it. Through this system, you will also be able to know how to check traffic fines.
1.2 How can I check my emirates ID status to remove my fines?
You can remove your Emirates ID fines if you qualify for an exemption. In the same way, as for the emirates ID status check, this process can be done online. You can do it in the following way:
- Go to the ICA website or download the corresponding application.
- Then select “utilities”.
- Next, you must select Request waiver of late fees.
- Follow the prompts and upload documents to support the application.
Therefore, if you qualify as eligible, the relevant authority will revoke your Emirates ID fine.
2. How to pay the Emirates ID fine?
Once you know how to check emirates ID status, you need to know how and where to pay the said fine. Therefore, we explain both to you below.
2.1 Where to pay the Emirates ID fine?
After completing the emirates ID status check, you must make the payment to settle your fines. You can make the payment online at one of the websites listed below:
- Dubai police.
- Abu Dhabi Police.
- The Dubai Road and Transport Authority.
- Sharjah Road and Transport Authority.
- The Ministry of the Interior.
Through the UAE fine check process, you will be able to know the amount that you must pay in the corresponding entity.
You must access the TAMM web portal using your SmartPass or EAU Pass to pay your fines. In this case, this service is provided by the Abu Dhabi Police, for which you will need to present your Emirates ID, vehicle plate, and other details.
2.1.2 Self-service kiosks
Vehicle users can pay each of their fines at kiosks called SAHL. In addition, they will be able to carry out the Abu Dhabi check fines, as well as the replacement of their vehicle registration certificate and driver’s license. Also, through the use of the Emirates ID, you can check the details of the vehicles you have registered.
2.1.3 Abu Dhabi Police website
Here you need to start by registering on the Abu Dhabi Police portal, using your Emirates ID. In this way, you will be able to have a username and password to do the emirates ID status check and check your fines. By doing this, you can also make the respective payment of each fine through your credit or debit card.
2.1.4 UAE Ministry of the Interior
If you want to do the emirates ID fine checking online, you can do it on the website of the UAE Ministry of Interior. As in the previous cases, you must first register on the portal and create an account to complete the process. In the same way, you can register through the UAE PASS application.
After registration, you will be able to perform an emirates ID status check and pay fines immediately. However, you can also use the MOI app.
3. Types of Emirates ID fines and how to avoid them
In addition to knowing how to check emirates id status, you should know what types of fines exist and how to avoid them. In this way, you will not have to be making unnecessary payments for the mistakes you may make. Therefore, we provide you with the necessary information about the fines for the emirates ID.
3.1 Types of fines
In the United Arab Emirates, there are a variety of ID fines that you need to watch out for. The fines, in this case, are as follows:
- Violations of the jaywalking regulation.
- Violations of the Covid-19 rules.
- Delay in ID renewal.
- Failure to register on time.
- individual violations.
- Violations of traffic laws.
In the case of renewal, the process is simple but you will have to pay penalties to clear the negative record. Therefore, you will have to pay each of the fines you have to apply for ID renewals.
3.2 How to avoid emirates ID fines
The UAE government has established heavy fines for those who do not comply with ID regulations. Therefore, you must know the regulations and comply with them so that you do not have to pay large fines. As a consequence, we give you some tips to avoid this type of fine:
- It is mandatory to have your Emirates ID at all times, so be sure to take it with you wherever you go. Any of the authorities of the country can request your identification anywhere and anytime.
- In case you do not have your ID because it has been lost, it is ideal that you have a copy as a substitute for the original. However, you must process a renewal or replacement of the same to avoid inconveniences.
- At the time of the emirates ID status check, you must ensure that all your information is correct. If this is not the case, you must contact the corresponding authorities to make the appropriate changes.
- Also, your information must be up to date and verify that your Emirates ID has not expired.
- If your card is damaged you should replace it as soon as possible, as this carries penalties as well.
By following these recommendations you can avoid inconvenience and excessive fines. You should be aware that these can change over time and also depend on the type of offense you commit. Thus, it is convenient that you are updated with the rules and regulations at all times
3.3 Emirates ID Renewal
If you have done the emirates ID status check and I notice that it has already expired, you will need to renew it. The authorities allow people with an expired ID a period of 30 days to renew it. Otherwise, you will have to pay a fine of AED 20 per day after this grace period.
In addition, they will send a reminder through a text message indicating that you must renew your identification. The renewal of your ID is essential to be able to renew your visa. There is no direct renewal process, thus you need to apply again and pay the respective fees.
This process must be done in the free zones where you applied for your visa for the first time or in the GDRFA.
3.4 What should you do if you lose your Emirates ID?
Since the authorities can ask for your ID anywhere if you do not have it with you, you will be fined. Hence, if you have lost it you need to get a new ID. For this, follow these steps:
- Go to a police station to report the loss of your Emirates ID. In this case, you will have to pay AED 70 which is the service fee.
- Before 7 days after the loss, you must notify the Federal Identification and Citizenship Authority.
- Then go to this same authority to request a new card. You will need to pay AED 70 if you apply in person or AED 40 if you apply online.
Once this process is complete, you will be able to obtain your new ID through the UAE Post Office.
4. Connect Legal can provide you with legal services in this case
The emirates ID status check will let you know about various aspects of your ID. For example, you will be able to know if you have an infraction, the validity period, or other important aspects. In addition, if you have any type of fine, you must make the payment in the appropriate way to the corresponding authorities.
At Connect Legal we offer various legal services that can help you in these cases. Therefore, you will have a professional service at your disposal thus that you can resolve any legal matter that you may have to face. Our services include the following:
- Corporate business law
- Family law
- Criminal law
- Commercial property
- Construction laws
- Immigration laws
- Financial laws
- Labor law
If you want to know more about emirates id fine checking online, just contact us. You can call one of our lawyers at the telephone number +971 433 16 688, where you will be kindly attended to by one of our professionals.
Also, you can contact us by email at email@example.com in case you need to make an extensive consultation.
Major Legal Update – Can I resign after 6 months in limited contract in UAE
Can I resign after 6 months in a limited contract in the UAE Following the most recent cha...
What is an EPC contract? Here is what you need to know
An outline of the EPC Contractual Agreement When you are part of the electrical and energy sector...
DEWA final bill settlement process in UAE before an RDC case
The DEWA (Dubai Energy and Water Authority) is in charge of delivering water and power to the emi...
MOL UAE: All you need to know about this entity
Ministry of Labour UAE: An entity that all you need to know in UAE In the United Arab Emir...