Tenancy Contract Sharjah Laws & Rules you must recognize
A tenancy contract Sharjah is necessary for those who want to live in this Emirate and know their duties and rights. In this way, you can be sure of what to do in case of any inconvenience in this regard. Also, regardless of whether you are a tenant or a landlord, you should know the ins and outs of such a contract.
In this article, you will be able to know relevant aspects such as the renewal of said contract and how to do it. Also, you will know the Sharjah tenancy contract attestation fees, laws, and regulations. Let us see:
- Get to know the Emirate of Sharjah
- Tenancy contract Sharjah: renewal, fees, and where to renew it
- Documents for renewing the tenancy contract Sharjah
- Sharjah tenancy contract laws and regulations
- How can we help you with your tenancy contract Sharjah?
1. Get to know the Emirate of Sharjah
Sharjah is part of the United Arab Emirates, with which it shares economic, political, and legal functions. It is one of the great cultural and industrial centers that also contribute 7.4% of the GDP of the nation. Moreover, like Abu Dhabi and Dubai, it is one of the most visited places in the UAE for its museums and recreational areas.
In the same way, its capital Sharjah has the most beautiful mosques in the Arab world. In addition, it has a fairly modern infrastructure that includes highways, shopping centers, and airports, among others. Therefore, you will find it to be one of the most attractive emirates to visit, live in, and do business.
1.1 Sharjah Municipality
The Sharjah Municipality was created in the year 1927 and since then it administers the public services of the Emirate of Sharjah. However, it was in 1971 when, through a decree, it was given the authority to supervise and regulate public services. In this way, the municipality began to carry out various public projects for the economic and social improvement of the Emirate.
In addition, the municipality works in the service of citizens through its defined vision and objectives. Among the many forms of help in this regard, we can highlight the following:
- Provides comprehensive services.
- Motivates citizens to be environmentally aware.
- It advances toward an increasingly modern city, which offers high-quality services to its inhabitants.
- Encourage human resources and improve worker satisfaction.
- Promote national and international investment in the emirate.
Because of this, and more, the municipality is now more efficient in its work processes and the organization is smarter. In addition, thanks to technological growth, the municipality offers electronic services for a variety of paperwork and procedures. Additionally, the municipality is divided into various sectors to cover all services and utilities.
These sectors are the following:
- General Management Sector
- Engineering and construction sector.
- Agriculture and environment sector
- Public health sector and central laboratories
- Consumer service sector
- Corporate support sector.
1.1.1 Sharjah municipality office timings and location
The Sharjah Municipality office is located on Buraydah Bin Al Haseeb Road in Al Musalla. The Sharjah municipality working hours is Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm.
2. Tenancy contract Sharjah: renewal, fees, and where to renew it
You can renew your tenancy contract Sharjah in different ways at your convenience. Below, you can learn about the entire process, as well as where to carry it out, and what fees you must pay.
2.1 Tenancy contract renewal
The Sharjah municipality tenancy contract department Sharjah allows you to do it through a real estate agent. Also, I was able to do it in a typing center of the municipality. However, this will depend on the administration policy of the residential complex or apartment where you reside.
In addition, regardless of the way you want to renew, you must follow the following procedure:
- You must sign the renewal contract.
- The next step is to send the checks, in addition to the other payments that correspond in cash.
- After this, the real estate agent will have the landlord also sign the Tenancy contract Sharjah.
- Then you need to go to the Sharjah Municipality with the signed contract to make the payment of the fees.
However, with the implementation of the tenancy contract renewal online, the process is easier. This method was implemented by the Sharjah Municipality to reduce the time and effort of the process. To do so, simply go to the Sharjah Municipality website and download the lease agreement.
Then, you can carry out the procedures electronically or in the corresponding offices. This process is similar to the tenancy contract renewal Abu Dhabi.
2.2 Where to renew the Sharjah tenancy contract?
You have several options for renewing your lease, including:
- At the Sharjah tasheel offices.
- Online, at the Sharjah Municipality web portal.
- At an authorized typing center.
- Through a real estate agency in Sharjah.
However, if you have not certified one beforehand, you must complete the full tasheel Sharjah tenancy contract at the said office. Next, you can see the opening hours of this office:
2.2.1 Sharjah tasheel timing
You can visit the tasheel office in the emirate of Sharjah at the following times:
- Monday to Thursday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday from 8 am to 12 pm and from 2 pm to 8 pm.
- Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
2.3 Sharjah municipality tenancy contract fees
Tenancy contract Sharjah renewal fees are as follows:
- 4% of the annual rent of the house.
- Municipal charges amount to AED 177.
Also, you need to add to this any property management agency service fees or maintenance charges.
2.4 Sharjah municipality tenancy contract fines
You will receive the Sharjah tenancy attestation fine if you do not renew it within the established grace period. This can be between AED 200 and 250.
2.5 Sharjah tenancy contract renewal grace period
The Sharjah municipality tenancy contract renewal grace period is 90 days. In addition, this time begins to run from the day on which the current contract expires. In the case of not having attested to the previous contract, you have the opportunity to do so for both contracts.
Thus, you must go to a tasheel office, where you can carry out the said process for both contracts.
3. Documents for renewing the tenancy contract Sharjah
The documents for the renewal process are the same as those required for the attestation. Sharjah municipality tenancy contract renewal documents are as follows:
- Original United Arab Emirates ID.
- A copy of the passport of the tenant of the property.
- Copy of the visa of the person who rents the house.
- Original lease, signed by both parties.
- Copy of the visa and the passport of the owner.
- Copy of the paper registration of the landlord.
- In case of renewal, the previous lease.
- Original or copy of SEWA invoice. Otherwise, you can present a receipt.
3.1 SEWA office timing
To obtain the invoice from the Electricity, Water & Gas Authority, you must go to the office during the established hours. Additionally, in Sharjah, there are several offices for your convenience so that you can carry out various procedures apart from the aforementioned.
For example, the main office is located in the Al Khan area, in the government department complex. In addition, it opens from Sunday to Thursday from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm. Other offices have similar hours.
4. Sharjah tenancy contract laws and regulations
A tenancy contract Sharjah is under the rules and regulations of the laws of the Emirate, by which the tenant and landlord must abide. Therefore, below you can see some of the, that you should consider when signing one of these contracts.
4.1 Number of people occupying a unit
The laws governing a Sharjah municipality tenancy contract define the number of people that can occupy a unit. This way, the government ensures the privacy of families and prevents the illegal stay of workers. Furthermore, the number of people varies according to the size of the dwelling as follows:
- In a studio apartment, up to 3 people can live.
- In places with 1 bedroom, 4 people can live.
- If the place has 2 bedrooms, 6 people can live.
- Finally, if the place has 3 bedrooms, up to 9 people can live.
In addition, the tenancy law requires the tenant to declare the number of people living in the unit.
4.2 Tenants who terminate the contract early
In this case, the law prohibits a tenant from terminating the lease before its expiration of it. However, they may do so in cases of circumstances beyond their control (force majeure). However, if such a situation occurs, the tenant must pay compensation to the landlord.
In addition, the law establishes that this compensation cannot be less than 30% of the amount of the remaining rental price. However, this can change if there is a pre-established agreement between the parties. If the cause is force majeure, it can only be determined by the Sharjah Rent Disputes Committee.
4.3 Tenants who fail to pay rent
A tenancy contract Sharjah as per the laws of the municipality state when a tenant must pay the rent. Typically, you must do so within 15 days of the payment due date. Otherwise, if the tenant fails to pay, the landlord has the right to evict the tenant under applicable law.
4.4 Other rights of tenants
There are other rights that tenants who sign a Sharjah tenancy contract have and that we detail below:
- The tenant is only required to make minor repairs to the unit they live in. Therefore, it is the landlord who must carry out all repairs and maintenance of the property. The exception to this only occurs in case there is a different agreement between both parties.
- Whether the owner sells the property or in the event of the death of the owner, the contract should not be affected.
- The law strictly prohibits the lessor from charging a fee for the renewal of the contract.
- A landlord may only terminate a lease under certain circumstances. However, you must apply for permission from the Sharjah Municipality and give the tenant at least 3 months of notice. The circumstances are as follows:
- In case of having to do a considerable remodeling or demolish the property.
- If you want to live in the property if you do not have another suitable place to live.
- The tasheel Sharjah tenancy contract must specify the conditions of the property and the property must have them. If this is not the case, the tenant has the right to claim that the landlord makes the repairs.
4.5 Where should you register the tenancy contract Sharjah?
Both the attestation and the registration of the lease must be carried out in the municipality of Sharjah. In addition, the Sharjah municipality tenancy contract department Sharjah also resolves rental disputes. Likewise, it enforces the resolutions in the above cases.
5. How can we help you with your tenancy contract Sharjah?
You must comply with the renewal if you do not want to incur Sharjah municipality tenancy contract fines. The procedure is simple and even has the advantage of being able to do it online for greater comfort. In addition, whether you are a tenant or a landlord, you must know your rights and duties in the lease agreements.
For a better understanding of all these laws and regulations, you can count on the advice of our experts.
Also, we have experience in the following topics:
- Family laws
- Criminal laws
- Construction laws
- Labor laws
- Corporate laws
- Commercial properties
- Financial laws
- Corporate commercial laws
On the other hand, learn about the most attractive job offers in the Middle East market by subscribing to thetalentpoint.com. Also, you can upload your CV on the same page or send it to email@example.com, do not miss this opportunity.