2022 No objection certificate (NOC letter Dubai) UAE denotation, perks from sponsor
The No Objection Certificate UAE is necessary to carry out certain activities such as changing jobs, buying property, etc. The said certificate is commonly granted by an employer or company, although it can also be delivered by other institutions. In addition, you should know that the types of issuers mentioned are not required to deliver one.
In this article, you will learn what is the NOC meaning in UAE, its purpose, and in which cases you will need it. Additionally, in the end, you will find frequently asked questions regarding this type of certificate in the UAE. Let us see:
- What is NOC in UAE?
- Do you need a No Objection Certificate UAE to lift a labor ban?
- Frequently asked questions about the No Objection Certificate UAE
- How can we help you process a No Objection Certificate UAE?
1. What is NOC in UAE?
The No Objection Certificate UAE (NOC) is a legal document that a company, organization, or other institution can issue. In general, a NOC indicates that the sender does not object to the receiver carrying out the action that is the subject of the request. Companies or sponsors commonly give this certificate to workers according to different circumstances.
1.1 What is the purpose of the NOC letter Dubai?
The main purpose of a UAE NOC is to ensure that the recipient can perform certain activities. Additionally, this document does not have a formal structure and does not need to be very complex. It should be simple and clearly express that the issuer has no objection to the person receiving it performing a particular task.
1.2 When is a NOC in UAE required?
A No Objection Certificate UAE is required to perform certain activities where you need approval. Thus, you will need a NOC in the United Arab Emirates to be able to carry out the following activities:
- Start a business in the country.
- Renew your business license.
- Modify one of the commercial activities of your business license.
- Add a partner to your business.
- Open a branch on the mainland.
- Start a new job in the UAE.
- Work as a freelancer.
- Lift a labor ban.
- Obtain a license to drive in the UAE.
- Open a bank account.
- Open an account on the Internet.
- Access immigration services.
- Buy a vehicle.
Therefore, you will not only need a NOC Dubai for employment purposes but in other important aspects as well. In this case, you will have to obtain a NOC from the respective authorities.
1.3 What is NOC in Real Estate?
A NOC letter Dubai for real estate is also required for those who wish to buy a property in the Emirates. In this case, the developer is the one who must deliver said letter, in which he must express that he agrees with the purchase. Moreover, you must also present this document if you want to build or remodel a property.
In the latter case, the document establishes the ownership of the property, as well as the changes and utilities paid.
2. Do you need a No Objection Certificate UAE to lift a labor ban?
As we mentioned earlier, a NOC in Dubai is also required to lift a work ban. However, you must first know why this situation occurs that prohibits working in the UAE.
2.1 What is the labor ban?
The work ban occurs when an employee quits his/her job before completing 2 years of service in the company. In this case, the employee will not be able to work in any company in the UAE for between 6 months and 1 year. However, if said worker obtains a No Objection Certificate UAE, the ban can be lifted.
However, this letter must be obtained from your employer if the worker received a new opportunity in another company.
2.2 NOC letter Dubai requirements to remove the ban
The following are the requirements and steps to remove the ban through a UAE NOC:
- The first step is to obtain the NOC from your previous employer, which must include company letterhead. In addition, it must have the stamp and signature of the authorized signatory of the company. Additionally, you will have to attach the letter of termination of employment and a copy of the labor card.
- Then, you must obtain the job offer letter from the new company, also with the seal and authorized signature. In this case, you must add a copy of the labor card and the license of the new company where you will work.
- The next thing you need to do is write a request letter to remove the ban.
- Take the documents we mentioned in the steps above to a nearby Tasheel center. There they will give you a cover letter with an envelope, in which you must place all the documents.
- Next, you must take all this documentation and deliver it to the Ministry of Labor in Al Qusais.
- To complete this process, you must wait for the approval of the said ministry, which will inform you via SMS. However, you can keep track of the status of the application on the official website of the UAE Ministry of Labor.
After receiving the approval, you will be able to work in any company in the UAE without any inconvenience. However, your employer must voluntarily surrender the NOC letter Dubai as it is not bound by labor law.
3. Frequently asked questions about the No Objection Certificate UAE
Below you can see the most frequently asked questions regarding the NOC letter Dubai and in the other Emirates.
3.1 Is a NOC in UAE necessary to be able to work?
A foreign worker only needs a NOC letter Dubai in the following cases:
- When you must assume specific functions that require it.
- If you change sponsor.
- When starting a business while employed by a company.
- When applying for a visa to another country, if you have a UAE residency visa.
3.2 Do you need a NOC to work in other company UAE?
The new company where you want to work can ask you for a NOC letter Dubai to avoid legal inconvenience. In addition, this saves them from having to pay any outstanding dues with their former employer. Therefore, if this is your case, you will need to request a letter from your former employer, in which you explain the situation.
3.3 Do you need a NOC Dubai to work part-time?
In previous years, for a worker to be able to work part-time in the country, they had to present a NOC. However, as of 2018, there was a change in the legal framework and now employees do not need this certificate. In this way, you will be able to work in a second job without this type of permit.
However, there is a possibility that the secondary employer may request the NOC in Dubai from you. Also, you should know that an employer cannot prevent a worker from doing part-time work elsewhere. However, they can if the employee has a court order.
3.4 Do you need to obtain a No Objection Certificate UAE to start a business while employed by another company?
While working in a company, you can have your own business in the United Arab Emirates. This is because; the Emirates government supports small and medium-sized businesses. However, you will need to obtain a Certificate of No Objection from your employer.
Therefore, you need to go through the process formally to improve the chance of getting the UAE NOC. In this way, by obtaining the NOC from your current employer, you will be able to start your business without problems. In these cases, it is ideal if you have legal advice from a specialized organization.
3.5 Does the employer have the obligation to deliver the NOC to the worker?
UAE labor law does not oblige an employer to provide a No Objection Certificate UAE. Subsequently, it is at the discretion of the company or employer whether or not to deliver the said certificate. Thus, if you do not want to get a work ban in the UAE, you must reach an agreement with your employer.
However, this prohibition can be lifted by your new employer if you meet the salary and professional requirements determined by law.
3.6 Can you sell a property without a NOC letter Dubai?
You cannot sell any property without having a NOC, as this is considered illegal in the country. Consequently, if you are a seller, you need to process the said certificate first. On the other hand, if you want to buy a property, you should make sure to check the NOC held by the seller.
3.7 Can foreigners buy property in Dubai?
Foreigners can buy property in Dubai but only in certain designated freehold areas. In addition, they can acquire the rights to this type of domain without any restrictions for up to 99 years. Additionally, in article 3 of regulation number 3 of 2006, the specific areas of the absolute property are defined. Some include:
- Business bay.noc to work in other company uae
- Jumeirah Beach Residence.
- Dubai Creek, among others.
Likewise, the Land Department delivers the title deed Dubai in this Emirate.
3.8 How can a foreigner buy property in Dubai?
Buying a property in Dubai is a simple process, you just have to follow the steps below:
- Search for the property you want to buy.
- You can hire a real estate agent to help you with landlord negotiations.
- The next step is to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
- Make the application for the NOC in UAE.
- Lastly, visit the Dubai Department of Land.
After completing these procedures, you will be able to have a property that you can be the absolute owner of. In addition, the transaction, from the moment of signing the purchase agreement to obtaining the home, lasts about 30 days.
3.9 What is the RERA certificate cost?
For those people who want to become real estate agents, they will need to obtain a RERA license. The RERA is the Dubai Real Estate Regulatory Agency. The RERA certificate cost depends exclusively on the educational level you have. In this case, the cost is as follows:
- In case you have a degree of a bachelor, you will need to pay AED 3,200 to take the exam.
- If you do not have one, the cost goes up to AED 6,300.
Also, you should note that you need to take a RERA training course which costs between AED 2,500 and AED 3,500.
4. How can we help you process a No Objection Certificate UAE?
The NOC letter Dubai and in general, allows the holder to carry out the activities for which the application is made. In this case, it can be for employment, real estate, or any other type of activity. However, this certificate is delivered by the issuer at its discretion since the entry is not mandatory.
At Connect Legal we offer you our advice to obtain the NOC and the related procedures. As one of the best legal agencies in the UAE, we can offer you quality and safe service. In addition to this topic, we can provide advice on other legal issues, such as the following:
- Labor law.
- Family law.
- Commercial law.
- Construction law.
- Corporate law.
- Criminal law.
- Financial law, among others.
We can provide you with more information on what is NOC and when you will need to obtain one. You should only contact us through our telephone number +971 433 16 688 for personalized attention. Also, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to which you can send your queries.
A NOC certificate helps you get a job in the UAE and at thetalentpoint.com you can find the most interesting offers. You can also upload your resume to that page or send it to email@example.com and wait to be contacted. Always be attentive to the page, because the offers arrive constantly.