Holding International Driving license in Dubai with tourist visa legal?
Dubai is one of the main tourist spots in the world. From beautiful beaches to great nightclubs, and a beautiful architecture, it has everything most tourists are looking forward to see. Also, many of them choose to rent cars. However, to be able to drive in this Emirate, they must make use of their international driving license in Dubai.
In this article, we will take a look at the most relevant aspects regarding the international driving license in Dubai. Most countries ask foreign drivers for an international driving license, even if they are tourists. Consequently, before you travel, it is important to reach out to experts that can let you know about the things you will need once you are in the region. Let us take a look at the following:
- What is an international driving license?
- How is the international driving license Dubai application process?
- What are the advantages of obtaining an international driving license in Dubai?
- Tips for driving safely in Dubai
- How can Connect Legal support you?
1. What is an international driving license?
Whether you are a resident of the UAE looking to travel to another country or a tourist looking to drive in Dubai, getting an international driving license in Dubai is the way to go. Usually, people who frequently travel overseas for business or pleasure can benefit from having an international driving license in Dubai.
You can save time by renting a car to drive around the city rather than always trying to find a ride or calling a cab to get from one area to another. For this reason, a valid Dubai international driving license is all you need. Additionally, if you want to obtain one quickly and easily, you can always count on legal services to help you with this procedure.
The international driving license Dubai RTA is both a UN convention and a legal requirement. In other words, it is an internationally recognized translation of your driving license that allows motorists to legally drive their vehicles outside of the UAE; without the need for additional tests or applications. The international driving license in Dubai, which is valid for one year, demonstrates that you have a valid driver’s license in your home country.
It will also protect you and your family in the event of an accident involving a vehicle while abroad, or the loss of legal identification, such as a passport. The Dubai international driving license is recognized worldwide and is available in ten different languages to help overcome language barriers.
The international driver’s license main purpose is to make it possible for foreign law enforcement and other authorities to read your license in their language. Note that if you are in the UAE and experience a car accident, you must count on the support of a criminal lawyer. These professionals will work hard in your favor and help you obtain the best possible outcome for your situation.
2. How is the international driving license Dubai application process?
There are several options to answer your question of how to get an international driving license in Dubai. It must be applied for before departure. Also, since this driving license is only valid for one year, it must be renewed regularly.
If you live in the UAE and want to drive in Dubai, you can apply for a driving license following the requirements for doing so. However, if you already possess a driver’s license from your home country, you may be eligible to exchange it for a driving license issued in the UAE under terms and conditions that have been previously approved by the authorities.
If you are wondering where to get an international driving license in Dubai, you must know that there are several ways to obtain it. For example:
- Automobile and Touring Club of the UAE offices in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Sharjah, RAK, Ajman, Fujairah, Um Al Quwain and the
- Western Region.
- Emirates Post Offices.
- DNATA Office in Sheikh Zayed Road.
In addition, to go through the international driving license Dubai process, it is recommendable to hire an immigration lawyer in the UAE for additional assistance. Moreover, these professionals will help you to obtain the documents you need to process your international driving license Dubai RTA. Further, with their support, you can have all the information you need about local laws, such as the General Civil Law.
2.1 What are the requirements to obtain a Dubai international driving license?
The documents you will need to get an international driving license in Dubai are the following:
- A copy of your valid Emirates ID.
- Copy of your valid passport and residency status.
- Two passport-sized pictures.
- Copy of your valid driving license from your country of residence.
- The international driving license Dubai application form.
Also, you can ask for the support of lawyers in the UAE to help you deal with the international driving license Dubai process. They will make sure that you have the necessary documents to apply for the Dubai international driving license.
3. What are the advantages of obtaining an international driving license in Dubai?
Having an international driving license in the UAE is highly beneficial. The main thing about it is that it will allow you to rent any vehicle when you are abroad with your family on a holiday spree or if you are on a business trip. However, there are many other advantages that you can enjoy, such as the following:
- An international driving license Dubai RTA can also serve as a complementary identification document when you are in a foreign region.
- It acts as physical proof that the holder of the tourist visa in the UAE has a driving license that can allow them to legally drive any vehicle in the region.
- Protecting the holder of the international driving license from any accidental vehicle damage that may happen due to a drunk driving accident or any other kind of accident.
- Overcoming the language barrier between law enforcement entities and drivers, since it can be printed in the following languages:
The main purpose of having a Dubai international driving license is to let tourists drive legally and safely, without having to worry about incurring fines or being questioned by the local authority figures. Besides, on Connect Legal, you can find the necessary support to help you learn more about how beneficial it can be to go through the international driving license Dubai process with a specialized agency.
3.1 How to pay driving fines in the United Arab Emirates?
It is important to know the UAE’s driving laws before renting a car. Most regulations and guidelines are the same as in your home country. However, it is important to be extra careful when driving a vehicle in the United Arab Emirates.
It can happen that you incur a fine and do not know how to proceed. For this reason, you need the legal support of a lawyer in the UAE to answer all your questions. Also, if you need to, you can start a chat with one of our professionals and solve your queries on this issue.
When trying to know about your possible fines, you will be asked for your:
- Plate details.
- Fine number.
- Traffic file number.
- License number.
You can pay your driving fine through the Dubai Police website or APP. However, if you consider that this process is complicated, you can request a call back from us and we will help you diligently with your demand.
4. Tips for driving safely in Dubai
Besides from learning about the local driving laws, take into account some necessary driving tips to consider:
- To legally drive, you will need an international driving license in Dubai.
- It is illegal to drive on the beach.
- Eating and drinking while driving is also illegal.
- You should not leave children, animals, or electronic items inside your car when parked.
- It is illegal to drive and send text messages.
- You should be aware of the speed cameras on the road.
- General speed limits are 120km on highways, 60km to 80km on main roads, and 40km for small streets.
- Roads are constantly changing in the UAE. Therefore, it is important to be aware of traffic indicators.
4.1 What are the most common traffic violations?
The most common traffic violations in the UAE are the following:
- Driving without a license – Fine of AED 5.000.
- Exceeding the maximum speed limits – Fines from AED 300 to AED 3.000.
- Driving below the minimum speed limit – Fine of AED 400.
- Driving carelessly causing damage to other people or facilities – Fine of AED 2.000.
- Crossing the red light – Fines from AED 1.000 to AED 3.000.
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or other substances – Fine determined by court.
- Driving against the traffic direction – Fine of AED 3.000.
- Dangerously reversing the vehicle – Fine of AED 500.
- Entering a road in a dangerous way – Fine of AED 600.
- Not stopping when causing a serious accident – Fines from AED 500 to AED 1.000.
- Not leaving a safe distance behind other vehicles – Fine of AED 400.
- Entering the road without a clear way – Fine of AED 400.
- Not following the traffic signs and directions – Fine of AED 500.
- Blocking the traffic without a reason – Fine of AED 500.
- Crowding the scene of a traffic accident – Fine of AED 1.000.
- Not using the correct signal lights when changing directions and making turns – Fine of AED 400.
- Making U turns or wrong turns with the vehicle – Fines of AED 500.
- Driving at night with no lights or driving in foggy weather without the proper lights – Fine of AED 500.
- Not following the instructions of a traffic authority – Fine of AED 400.
- Running away from a traffic authority – Fines from AED 800 to AED 1.000.
- Using the horn or the radio in a disturbing way – Fine of AED 400.
- Not allowing emergency vehicles or authority vehicles to pass on the road – Fine of AED 1.000.
5. How can Connect Legal support you?
When thinking about starting the process for your international license in Dubai, it is important to start by hiring legal assistance. When searching for the best legal support Connect Legal is your best choice.
We have a strong legal team that can give you support in any practice area. Our team is formed by the following lawyers, among others:
You can easily register on our site and submit your inquiries to our legal professionals. They will gladly provide you with answers to all your questions. Do not hesitate to request our help and learn about how it works. Further, we have more than two decades of experience working closely with UAE residents and foreigners, helping them resolve their cases and have a positive outcome.
If you are seeking legal services, we are your best option in the UAE. We provide a wide variety of legal solutions that will help you solve any challenge you may have in the nation. Log in to our site and enjoy the legal advice that we have for you! Our agents will be waiting for you to contact us at any time!
Would you like to obtain your international driving license in Dubai without further complications? Reach out to us by sending us an email at email@example.com. In addition, to know more about how we work, you can give us a call at +971 43 316 688. Our agents will be there to answer all your possible inquiries.
Furthermore, if you are looking for job opportunities in the legal field or any other area of expertise, The Talent Point is the place where employers and employees meet. On this portal, you can easily find a job that meets all your requirements. Go to thetalentpoint.com and submit your resume, you will have many different options to choose from. Also, if you have any doubts, email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.